The university has established extensive inter-relationships with many overseas universities such as Western State College in California, U.S.A., Ukraine Haerkefu State Academy, Ukraine Haerkefu State Medical Academy, Ukraine Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy; RMIT and La Trobe University of Australia, College of Saskatchewan of Canada, and University of Occupational and Environmental Health of Japan. More than 160 foreign experts have been invited to visit or teach at WFMU, over 170 teachers have studied abroad, and many staff have been sent abroad as the medical succor. More than 60 famous professors all over the world have been invited to be guest professors at the university. WFMU recruits overseas students every year, and there are nearly 600 overseas students from Zambia, Ghana, India, Nepal, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Pakistan at present.
‣ Weifang is a prefecture-level city in central Shandong province, People’s Republic of China.
‣ The city borders Dongying to the northwest, Zibo to the west, Linyi to the southwest, Rizhao to the south, Qingdao to the east, and looks out to the Laizhou Bay to the north.
‣ Its population was 9,086,241 at the 2010 census, of whom 2,659,938 lived in the built-up (or metro) area made up of 4 urban districts (Kuiwen, Weicheng, Hanting and Fangzi) and Changle County largely being urbanized.
‣ Weifang is a beautiful city with temperate monsoon semi-humid climate.
‣ Location : 7166 Baotong W St, Weicheng Qu, Weifang Shi, Shandong Sheng, China.
‣ Founded : 1951
‣ Program Name : Medicine
‣ Degree Offered : Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – (MBBS)
‣ Duration : 5.5 Years(Including One Year Internship)
‣ Medium of Teaching : English
‣ Eligibility : Good English Communication. 10+2 with Minimum 50 % of marks.
‣ Requirements : Marks Sheets of 10th and 12th, Valid Passport, Healthy and Non-Criminal Record, Application and Photos.
Weifang Medical University (WFMU) is a state-owned medical university. It is located in Weifang, the international Kite Capital, at the center of Shandong Peninsula. WFMU covers an area of more than 1.2 million square meters with 570,000 square meters construction area. Over the past decades, a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary pattern has been formed at WFMU which offered a number of disciplines including medical sciences, health management, general sciences, law and literature, with the medical sciences as the leading discipline. WFMU is authorized to grant bachelor’s and master’s degrees and recruit overseas students.
‣ WFMU covers an area of more than 1.2 million square meters，with 570，000 square meters construction area.
‣ The university library holds a collection of over 2.1 million books and 3,000 kinds of Chinese and foreign journals.
‣ There are 12 comprehensive affiliated hospitals.