MBBS IN BARBADOS
MBBS in Barbados
Barbados, popularly known as the ‘Jewel of the Caribbean’ is one of the most in demand holiday destinations. The name ‘Barbados’ is derived from the ‘bearded fig trees’ once found in abundance on the island.
Barbados lies on the boundary of the South America and the Caribbean Plates. English is the official language of Barbados and is used for communications, administrations and public services all over. The kind-hearted and friendly Barbadians are the island’s greatest asset with their literacy rate as one of the highest globally. Literacy rate is ranked close to 100%.
Barbados has been rated as the safest Caribbean country by the United Nations and has a tropical climate.
The United Nations human development index has placed Barbados in the “very high human development” category. It is the first Caribbean Island to start a fertility centre in order to promote medical tourism with a success rate higher than in UK and USA.
Why Study MBBS in Barbados?
- Barbados has Top Medical Universities which offer world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
- Barbados follows the US Education system & curriculum and is focused on preparing the Physician workforce for countries like USA, Canada, etc.
- Medical students studying in Barbados Medical collegesalso get a chance to do a clinical rotation program of 2 years in teaching hospitals in the USA, UK, Canada and Asia which opens doors for the bright and golden future.
- Opportunities to attend international seminars and conferences.
- Approved by the Medical Council of Canada and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools, maintained by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
- Medical colleges are recognized by NMC and WHO.
- A globally recognized MBBS degree can help candidates to start their careers anywhere in the world.
- Generally, applicants are not required to clear an entrance exam such as TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and GMAT to take admission in MBBS in Caribbean.
- 50% in 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and English. 40% for reserved category candidates.
- The minimum age required is 17 or students who completes 17 till 31st December of admission year can apply.
Our Tie - Up University
American University of Barbados School Of Medicine
- The university The Medical School offers a USA-style medical curriculum and USMLE focused education.
- The school has actively engaged in publishing research papers in International Journals.
- Classroom learning meets real world experience which complements coursework with practical experience at on-campus community clinic.
- It has fully Air-conditioned lecture theatres, equipped with ultra-modern audio-visual teaching aids.
- More the 1000 books available, including medical textbooks and reference books. University has own hospital and affiliations, agreements with many hospitals in the USA, INDIA and CANADA for clinical rotations.
- University has the latest 3D medical animation technology, Structured interactive studies with Problem-based learning.